Quattro/Spider MT505 integration to an Avaya platform
Connecting a Quattro/Spider MT505 to an Avaya platform requires licensing and consequent configuration
Sample Avaya Configuration:
Step 1: Licensing
You must request a third party SIP endpoint license from Avaya. To do so contact the Avaya support or sales group. 1 866 GO-AVAYA or visit the Avaya website at www.Avaya.com
Enter the licensing information on Avaya Platform
Select SIP Registrar sub-tab in the right pane and enter following values:
Domain Name Enter a valid Domain Name
Layer 4 Protocol Select Both TCP & UDP
TCP Port Select 5060
UDP Port Select 5060
Step 2: Create a SIP extension and login on Avaya.
Create a new extension by entering the Avaya platform ( for example IP Office500).
Make a User name (usually the same as the Extension) and a Password.
Choose a Codec type for the line. The default codec for the Phoenix is G.711.
However the Phoenix Quattro & Spider support: G.711, G.723, G.729 and G.722 codecs. Choose one. Save the information so that it will be saved on the server.
Step 3: Accessing the Phoenix Audio Technology GUI interface
Boot-up the Quattro or Spider, which should be connected to the network through an Ethernet cable;
• Wait for it to acquire an IP address
• If you miss it, write it upon boot-up
• On the phone press setup
icon for the Spider, or the FN
button on the Quattro
• Scroll down to 7, or press number 7 for “informatio
To access the GUI portal, your computer must be located on the same LAN as the Quattro
Go to your browser and enter the IP address Ex. 196.168……..
• Press Enter and a Username / Password prompt will appear
• Enter admin as your username
• Enter 1234 as your password
• Select Log In
Click on “Configuration”
• Click on Quick Configuration
• Use SIP Proxy IP and port for Registration = Enable
• User ID: = The extension number or Username you chose on the Avaya platform earlier.
• Authentication User Name: = Extension number from Avaya Platform
• Authentication Password: = Password from Avaya platform.
Click Voice Over IP
• Gateway Name: = Enter the Avaya PBX IP address
• Proxy IP Address or Host Name: = Enter the Avaya PBX IP address
Save the Information. Restart the Phoenix Audio Product to ensure viability of the setup. The SIP configuration will be ready to use when it restarts.
For further technical support, please contact the Phoenix Audio Technologies technical support team :
www.phnxaudio.com | 16 Goodyear Suite 120 | Irvine, CA 92618 | (: 818.937.4779 |*: email@example.com